What is Antimicrobial Flooring?
Innovations in flooring technology lead to the invention of Antimicrobial Flooring. Antimicrobial flooring, or flooring that doesn’t allow the growth of microorganisms like bacteria, fungi, mold, and other microbes. Being antimicrobial is to be inhospitable to microorganisms and being lethal to them or inhibiting their growth. Waterproof flooring does that by making sure no moisture or water can penetrate it. This makes it so your floor isn’t a preferable breeding ground for microorganisms and doesn’t provide a good environment for them to flourish. If you’ve been asking yourself, “is there flooring installation near me?” read on!
How are Floors Made to be Antimicrobial?
Some instances of Antimicrobial flooring are naturally waterproof like porcelain and ceramic tiles. Using those and forming them into what you want is an easier process. Others are made waterproof through the use of other chemicals or means such as laminated hardwood floor. While this is an antimicrobial flooring option you will need to add more steps into the maintenance of your flooring such as reapplying the chemical used. Some floors are made to be waterproof such as vinyl flooring which is synthetic, it is one of the more durable options.
Our Waterproof Flooring Includes:
- XRP Ridgid core flooring by IMPERMA WOOD,
- Enhanced vinyl planks by SkyCity
- ceramic and porcelain tiles by IWT-Tersoro
- And many more
Benefits of Having Waterproof Floors:
- Shock absorbent – Waterproof floors put less stress on your feet and knees
- Extremely Durable – Less likely to have scuffs and scratches
- Anti-Microbial surfaces – no need to worry about mold, bacteria, or fungi growing from your floor
- Not easy to stain – unlike carpet no stains will seep into the material
- High-definition visuals – Good enough to make it look like hardwood floors without being the actual thing!
- Incredibly easy to clean – since it repels water and other liquids from seeping into the floor
- Some proud owners have claimed that their floors even survived flood conditions
While it is true many of these benefits and more can come from having waterproof floors that don’t mean that it protects your flooring entirely, anything can get through a crack, and water damage can still occur along the walls or if there is a crack, it can get to the floorboards.
How to Clean Waterproof Flooring
Cleaning Waterproof floors is a simpler process than cleaning wooden and carpet flooring due to the fact that it is waterproof. Waterproof floors repel water and other liquids so you can wipe up the mess. Wooden floors need to take the amount of water into consideration and may need to be touched up with a stain marker or have laminate reapplied to it to give it that water-resistance back. Thankfully you wouldn’t have to worry about that with vinyl or tile waterproof floors.
Waterproof Flooring Installation Near Me?
Waterproof flooring is a handy innovation in home improvement. Make sure you, the homeowner, make the decision to update and upgrade your home today! Do you see yourself getting a home renovation soon? Wondering “is there flooring installation near me”? Leave a comment down below! Look at including our services in your next home renovation! Reach out to us for all of your flooring and cabinet installation needs! You can contact us online or call us at (321) 419-3500. Connect with us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.